We are looking for summer assistance at our facility for June, July, and August. The primary focus will be on as a Front Desk Clerk. This position will also include leading non-parkour classes (PK Games and Open Gym supervision). Candidate will assist to instructors as needed. Those looking to become a parkour instructor or willing to lead a Jr. Parkour (ages 5-7) class are highly desirable.
This position acts as the front line for guests and students arriving at the gym. The front desk is responsible for engaging in all incoming clients (in person or on the phone). To be successful, one should have strong interpersonal and communication skills. Time management and organization skills are essential. The position also includes gym opening and closing duties as well as maintaining a clean and tidy environment for our clients.
• Manage front desk systems (student check-in, event management, client registration, etc.)
• Keep front desk tidy and presentable with all necessary material (tablet, pens, forms, paper, etc.)
• Greet and welcome
• Answer questions and address complaints
• Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages
• Provide information to guests regarding our services, including classes, events, camps, etc.
• Receive letters, packages etc. and distribute them
• Check, sort, and forward emails
• Monitor office supplies and place orders when necessary
• Keep updated records and files
• Assist instructors as needed
• Enforce our gym rules with students
• Behave in accordance to our rules and guidelines, and act as a good example to which students should strive for
• Take up other duties as assigned
• Strong communication and people skills
• Ability to follow verbal and written directions
• Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position
• Familiarity with office machines and systems (i.e. computer, printer, email, etc.)
• Strong logical process thinking
• Proficient in English (oral and written)
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
• Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
• Problem-solving skills
• Customer service orientation
• Desire to become an instructor also a plus
Compensation, Bonus, Shift Schedule
• $12 - $13 / hour for front desk. $15 - $20 / hour for class instruction.
• Free gym membership for duration of employment
• Saturdays 10am - 3:30pm (or to 6pm depending on event schedule)
• Occasional M-F camp front desk work and assistant to instructor (see our camp schedule here for dates/times)
• Potential to cover other shifts as needed during our regular schedule during the week
This job requisition will be open until May 1st or until filled.
For consideration, please send an email to email@example.com with a resume with a description about yourself and why you would be a good candidate for this position. Tell us if you’re looking for just the Front Desk position, or if you are also looking to become an instructor. Please include any notable accomplishments, volunteer experience, and any skills that would make you good fit for this position. Let us know if you are under the age of 18.